Cross-platform Vulkan based 3D rendering engine for .Net Apps
Ab4d.SharpEngine is a blazing fast 3D rendering engine that can be used in desktop and mobile .Net Apps.
The engine uses Vulkan 3D that is a high performance graphics and cross-platform API. This allows the Ab4d.SharpEngine to run on the following platforms:
* See instructions on how to use Vulkan in a Virtual machine or on a server.
** See instructions on how to run Ab4d.SharpEngine on Raspberry Pi 4 with a touch screen.
- Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 (including virtual machine or server *)
- Linux (including Raspberry Pi 4**)
- Mac OS
The engine can be integrated into almost any UI framework. The following frameworks are supported:
The main goals of the Ab4d.SharpEngine are:
- Easy to use: The engine was created after having a lot of experience with the highly popular Ab3d.PowerToys and Ab3d.DXEngine libraries that were used in many 3D applications but could work only on Windows.
- High performance: Vulkan API is a high performance and low overhead graphics API that can squeeze as much performance from the graphics card as possible. By using Vulkan best practices, knowledge and algorithms from Ab3d.DXEngine and high optimizations of .Net 6 and newer .Net versions, the engine is built to provide blazing fast rendering.
- Cross-platform and multi UI framework: Vulkan API and .Net 6+ can run on any CPU and platform. The plan is to provide easy to use integration and support for most of the UI frameworks.
- Minimal dependencies: Core Ab4d.SharpEngine assembly has no third-party dependencies. Assemblies that provide integration with UI framework depend only on that framework and not other third-party library.
Screenshots on different platforms and UI frameworks