Advantages of using our 3D toolkit for Desktop .Net applications:
- The easiest to use 3D API with many great code samples. You can create amazing 3D content just after one day of using our tools.
- Simplified development with Visual Studio and design time support - the 3D scene can be previewed in the design window.
- Simplified usage of cameras with mouse, touch and multi-touch camera rotation and movement.
- Many basic 3D models (Sphere, Box, Cylinder, etc.) with advanced extruded and lathe 3D objects.
- The best implementation of 3D lines and 3D text (connected, disconnected and lines with arrows).
- Simplified mouse event handling on 3D objects (subscribe to MouseOver, Click and similar events).
- Import 3D models from 3ds files (with Ab3d.Reader3ds), obj files (with Ab3d.PowerToys) or from almost all other 3D files with Assimp importer (including fbx, dae, blend, dxf, ase, lwg and may more).
- Fully optimized to achieve best possible performance.
- Active development with adding many features based on user requests.
Are you new to 3D graphics?
No problem. The libraries come with full documentation, many samples and based on many years of experience we offer the best support for any .Net 3D related questions.
The following two customer comments greatly describe that:
I have really enjoyed using your product, I am fairly new to programming and WPF and you have made it easier to create really complicated user interfaces ...
Judd Kidman, Developer at BIM Advent
During the development phase we were supported by a very competent developer who helped us in different cases and answered our questions in a real short period of time ...
Stefanie Thielmann, Developer at IT Gmbh
Our libraries can run in WPF and WinForms applications.
The libraries are using WPF 3D rendering engine from .Net 4.0 (or 3.5 SP1).
The engine does not provide all the features of DirectX and is not capable
of running high end 3D games. But our customers have already proven that it is very
capable of showing quite complex 3D scenes with models with several hundred thousands
Advantages of using .Net over DirectX:
- Almost no additional learning needed compared to very complicated learning curve for DirectX, GPU shaders, etc.
- Using 100% managed .Net solutions (no native code and libraries).
- Rendering is hardware accelerated on graphic card.
- Almost no minimum hardware requirements: when no accelerated graphic card or CPU is available, rendering automatically fallbacks to software rendering.
- Platform availability: Runs on all Windows 7 and newer operating systems without need to install .Net framework, C++ redistribute or DirectX runtimes.
- When used in WPF application, you can mix 3D and 2D content, for example put standard 2D button over or into 3D scene.
- No need to deal with special settings for various graphics cards and driver versions.
The libraries gives you a complete solution for:
- creating monitoring systems with showing actions on real 3D models,
- displaying 3D simulations and mathematical models,
- displaying 3D models of your products or prototypes,
- creating applications to design and configure in reality-like 3D scenes,
- creating interesting 3D effects,
- and many more.
Our products for 3D graphics:
The Ab3d.PowerToys library is the ultimate helper library to work with WPF 3D.
It can be used to quickly define the 3D scene with setting the camera (SceneCamera, FirstPersonCamera,
ThirdPersonCamera, etc.), create 3D objects (Box, Sphere, Plane,
etc.), use 3D lines, 3D text and simply use
mouse events on 3D objects.
Video showing some of the samples that come with Ab3d.PowerToys:
Screenshots (click on image to go to products page and see more screenshots):
More complex 3D objects can be defined in 3D modeling
application, saved to 3ds file and converted into XAML
with Viewer3ds or directly imported
into your application with Ab3d.Reader3ds.
The following schema shows how to import 3D objects into your application:
The 3ds file format is one of the most commonly used file format for storing 3D
models. Almost all 3D modeling programs support some kind of import from or export
to this file format. Also, there are huge web libraries that are providing objects
in this file format.
Screenshots (click on image to see more screenshots):
Need more information?
Download free trial now